Hotels – Obtain the very best price, then reduce it by over 10%
I love travelling, I love Hotels and I love paying as little as possible.
By using this method I’ve reduced the costs of my hotel bills AND had 8 free nights in the last couple of years.
It’s a bit fiddly and adds an extra 10 minutes to the process of booking a room but it works and sitting in a free hotel room makes it all worth it!
So here we go, step by step.
- Search for your hotel using Hotels.com
- Sign up for Hotel.com’s Reward Programme
- Pick, but DON’T book your hotel and obtain your price (let’s say it is £500 for a weeks stay)
- Now search for the same hotel on Trivago
- Is it cheaper?……. let’s say by using Trivago you find it for £450 on Booking.com (it must be the same room type, same dates, cancellation conditions etc)
- To keep a record of the price offered take a screenshot of the Booking.com details and save the webpage to your favourites.
- Sign up for a cash back site such as Top Cash Back or Quidco
- Search for Hotels.com on your chosen Cash Back site (Top Cash Back or Quidco) – they offer cashback usually between 2% and 8%)
- Go through to Hotels.com via the Cashback site and book your hotel
- Once confirmed contact Hotels.com to price match your Booking.com price. Their Price Match form can be found here.
- They should then refund you the difference between the amount you paid (£500) and the cheaper price you found through Trivago (£450) so a nice £50 refund.
So here’s the Maths!
We will presume you were going to pay the cheapest price possible which was £450 at Booking.com
Hotels.com will match this price so they will refund you £50
You will also receive a reward night from the Hotels.com reward programme for each 10 nights booked = an equivalent discount of 10% = £45
So overall you have an equivalent net cost of £450- £18 -£45 = £387
If you compare this to the original Hotels.com price of £500 it is an equivalent discount of £113 or 22%
Once you have signed up to the Hotels.com Reward Programme and the Cashback site the system becomes a lot easier. You can even book rooms for your family and friends, share the discounts, earn extra free nights and take them away with you!!
If you found this article helpful please Share it on Social Media by clicking below.